September 28, 2011

The Other Side of Sydney - 52 SUBURBS

Almost 2 years ago 
I was overseas 
and all I knew about Australia was 
kangaroos, Bondi Beach, dangerous animals. 
To be honest I just wanted to go to the furthest place from Italy... 

just really randomly I got a crush. 
First signal of "there's something else" 

from her words: 
"My name is Louise. I've lived in
Sydney for over 30 years but had
never set foot in most of its 600+
suburbs. So from September 2009
to October 2010, I explored and
photographed one new Sydney
suburb a week in search of the
beauty in the 'burb." 
This beautiful, romantic, simple, contradditional, clever, pure 
vision of Sydney made my decision, I would say, 
as I've always been an instinctive person, 
I had a good feeling about it. 
I want to thank Louise for sharing 
such not explored side of Sydney, 
and the lovely Irene for inviting me to the exhibition, 
WHICH IS GOING TO BE ON until OCTOBER 9TH @ Museum of Sydney  
And I want to say to 
ALL MY OVERSEAS FRIENDS 
that Australia is not just about kangaroos. 









(all the photos are from 52 SUBURBS blog, here the book available online) 

 ...d'you know what I mean?
...capitocome?  

Do you like this story? The Other Side of Sydney - 52 SUBURBS