August 18, 2010

M.I.A.


I'm writing this post about M.I.A.
because
1)she's a smart Gypsy. 
That one who in the school had all good votes 
but terrible CONDUCT. 
/I know something about this/

2)she's been doing WHATEVER she wanted to do since when she was nobody (famous) 
but the amazing thing is that 
SHE'S KEEPING GOING 

3)I find really cool her way to 
TAKE THE PISS OUT OF FASHION 
being fashionable and talking about POLITIC 
in the same time. 
(playing with the themes of identity politics, globalism, and revolution, 
M.I.A. addressed several conflicts and oppressed peoples around the world, 
including Tamils, Palestinians, 
and African-Americans). 

4)in the end, she started a trend of 
afromania, 90's bla bla bla which is really NOW. 

5)she is dealing with Visa problems,
and she answers to Rolling Stones to the question: SO WHAT ABOUT IF YOU COULDN'T GET THE U.S. VISA... 
WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GO?
"Space. I'm over Earth.
Earth is so 2000-and fucking-9.
I'm trying to make friends with Richard Branson,
I was like YOU KNOW, RICHARD, I JUST WANT TO BE THAT PERSON THAT LIVES IN SPACE FOR A WHILE.
He's like WELL, YOU KNOW, IT'S 300 GRAND. YOU COULD AFFORD IT. 


...d'you understand what I mean?

...capitocome? 

Check out some of here look. 

Do you like this story? M.I.A.